Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Japanese Debut (but for real this time)

I played my first show last night at Freestyle Bar in Maebashi. I was pretty nervous about the new material (and the old stuff that I'd never played on stage), but everybody (a few friends and a random group of Japanese businessmen/women) was into it.

Playing alone is not like playing in a band. The noise that the band creates kind of envelops you like a fog. It wraps around you like a warm blanket. It's a suit of armor that makes you feel invincible. I could keep going with the lame metaphors, but I think you get it. You're putting yourself out there either way, but when it's just you up there there's nowhere to hide.

I played a new song that I hadn't put online anywhere yet. It's called "Yours on Earth." Here it is:



The show went well. I can't wait to play again.

This was the set list:

I Know
Beauty's Never Ugly
No More War Songs>Your Pussy's Glued to a Building on Fire
Yours on Earth
I've been Stuck in NYC for Way Too Long
More to See
Turn it On (sing-along version)

No comments:

Post a Comment