Monday, November 16, 2009

Electric Guitar

I was going to do this whole album on my acoustic guitar, but then I met someone with an electric. At the same time, some of the parts (especially the lead guitar parts) weren't sounding right. So I said screw it and borrowed the electric for a few days. I'm glad I did.

Tonight I added a slide guitar to "Beauty's Never Ugly" and I think it sounds pretty good. I'm not very good at the slide, so the part I played was pretty basic but it kind of makes it sound like a brand new song to me.



This is the first time in a while that I've been excited about this song. It's been nothing but trouble for me to record and nothing has ever sounded right. It actually took me about 2 hours of trial and error guitar soloing before I figured out that it would sound better with the slide.

I only have the electric for 2 more days, so I'm going to be up late in the GLC piano room both nights adding guitar solos and backwards weirdness to the album. It's nice to be playing an electric guitar again. (Thanks Patrick.)

No comments:

Post a Comment