Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Recording Update #1

So I started recording "Beauty's Never Ugly" because I thought it would be pretty easy. That was three weeks ago. For some reason I just can't get anything on that track to sound right. The vocals aren't in time with the guitar, the background vocals are out of tune, and laying down a lead guitar track is proving extremely difficult with my set up.

So I put it on the back burner and started recording "More to See". It's one of the first songs I ever wrote and I've recorded it before, so it's going pretty well. It's also the only collaborative effort that will go on this album. Some of the guitar parts were written by Shannon back in the pre-Straggler days.

I first recorded "More to See" in a hot little walk-in closet in North Carolina, now I'm re-recording it in a sweaty little laundry room in Japan. Listen for me playing the washing machine during the chorus.


The%20Dirt%20That%27s%20Underneath
Quantcast

No comments:

Post a Comment