Thursday, August 13, 2009

couple a newbs

I worked on a couple of new songs today.

One of them was inspired by a friend. We were talking about my music and she said she wanted to hear something that would make her want to get up and go out and do something. Something inspiring. I realized that none of my songs were like that, so I decided to take up the challenge. We'll see whether or not I'm successful.

The other one is kind of about having and not having. I'm writing it like the NYC song, using real experiences that I've had to kind of sketch out a complex issue. I had to get rid of some stuff 'cause it was too damn preachy (the biggest weakness in my songwriting). I've got a few stories laid out and I'm waiting for inspiration to provide the rest, but she's got her own schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment